Friday, September 19, 2014

Flashback Friday: My First Dog Business

This week’s blog is not really going to be about training. And after a long streak of serious blog posts, it’s time to liven things up. Today's is a bit silly.

At about 11 pm the other night my phone went off and it was my mom. Here is what she sent me?

Aren't I adorable?

The picture is a little blurry but the business card says “Good Dog Dog Walking: Fun
Enjoyable Dog Exercise for your Furry Friend.” I was in 6th grade at the time I think. I totally forgot until this jogged my memory.

One of the neighbor ladies helped me do this. Her dog’s name was Crash and I got the job when I started playing with her dog in the grassy field that the picture was taken.

Not only was this my first dog related business, it was also the first and only time I’ve been fired from a job.

Another woman in the apartment complex needed her poodle walked at night while she was away. For three weeks I walked her poodle three times a week, until one day she left a note on her door addressed to me. It said something along the lines of “I am not longer in need of your services.” The note was most likely less cold than I remember, but it was tragic for me nonetheless. I stopped the business at that point.

I guess this means that my dog training experience goes further back than 11 years. Though it doesn’t count for much.

It looks like I was destined to dog training, regardless of what else I tried to be. It’s funny how these things tend to just work themselves out.

No comments:

Post a Comment